LEARN SHAMANISM ONLINE
SHAMANIC JOURNEY AND POWER ANIMAL
INTRODUCTORY COURSE IN THERAPEUTIC SHAMANISM
Dates: January 7th to February 11th, 2024
- The history of shamanism and animism, and how this indigenous knowledge was central to how all our ancestors once lived. How, in turning away from this, and disconnecting from the natural world, we lost our way (the “Great Forgetting”). Discover how we can bring this ancient wisdom back (the “Great Remembering”).
- How to do a shamanic journey (a practical, safe and step-by-step method).
- How to do a Power Animal retrieval journey and find your Power Animal.
- Other practices to powerfully connect back to nature.
- Therapeutic Shamanism – the differences and similarities between ancient shamanism and modern psychotherapy, and what they might learn from each other.
- How to practice shamanism in an ethical way, and based on healthy power dynamics.
- The basics of how to do simple shamanic healing for other people (including not just humans, but pets and other animals too).
- How to use this knowledge and these practices to continue what can be a life-long journey of growth, healing, wonder and discovery.
- And much, much more besides!
IN THIS COURSE:
WHAT IS SHAMANISM?
Shamanism is a branch of animism, our oldest spirituality. Animists experience that not just humans, but all things have a soul – a life force and consciousness. The world, and everything in it, is alive, conscious and sacred (albeit conscious in a way that might be quite different to human consciousness).
SPIRIT ANIMALS – FINDING AND RETRIEVING YOUR POWER ANIMAL
It is not the shaman that does the healing, but their guides working through them. In Therapeutic Shamanism, your first and foremost guide is your Power Animal. You are the apprentice, and your Power Animal is your principal teacher.
THE SHAMANIC JOURNEY – A JOURNEY TO THE THREE SHAMANIC REALMS
Shamanism tells us that there is another, deeper reality behind this day-to-day, physical one. Whilst shamanic people live with the sense of both and being side-by-side, there are times when they choose to deliberately and temporarily immerse themselves more fully in ; to enter one of the and go on a shamanic journey.
HOLLOWING-OUT MEDITATION PRACTICE
Hollowing-out means stepping aside from our day-to-day concerns as much as possible, and from our own agendas, drives, beliefs and preconceptions, so the healing Spirits can communicate and work through us without all that getting in the way. We need to hollow-out, or our journeys will be coloured, driven and distorted by our ego.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Download the free e-book.
In this guide, I share insights and practical tips on how shamanism can help you connect with your inner wisdom and the healing power of the natural world. It presents a comprehensive approach to shamanism, covering a range of topics such as animism, shamanic journeying, finding your Power Animal and more.
Sharing is caring! If you found “Start your shamanic journey” helpful, please pass it along to anyone who might also benefit from exploring the world of shamanism.
Your support helps us create a world where shamanic wisdom and healing are accessible to all. Thank you for being a part of this mission!
Learning shamanism online has proven to be effective and enjoyable. The course consists of a mixture of videos, live sessions, theory talks, question-and-answer sessions, group discussion, experiential exercises, and practice. The course is around 14 hours long, delivered via a mixture of live sessions, pre-recorded teaching videos and demos, and online group discussion.
Course Structure. The course runs between January 7th and February 11th, 2024. It is delivered via:
- Three live sessions on January 7th, January 31st, and February. The live sessions start at 2pm (UK time). The first is 3.5 to 4 hours long, and covers the first two modules (described below). The second and third live sessions are 2 hours long. All are recorded, for anyone who is not able to attend them live.
- An additional five pre-recorded modules, delivered by video and accompanying learning materials. These are released at roughly weekly intervals as the course progresses.
- A website discussion forum and (an optional) Signal group, where students can ask questions, discuss topics, share experiences and additional resources, and get support, encouragement, and a sense of community.
- A bonus video, answering students’ questions and offering additional teaching.
The exact content of each module will vary, as tutors will tailor it to the needs and wishes of the participants. However, the basic structure is as follows:
Between modules, participants will have the option of joining private peer-led online groups, to offer each other encouragement and support, ask questions, and share ideas and experiences. Participants also can submit questions to the course tutors, to be answered at the next online session.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
LIVE & PRE-RECORDED ONLINE TRAINING
- Zoom Online Sessions With Founder of Therapeutic Shamanism, Paul Francis.
- Live Shamanic Journeying.
- Study in the Comfort of Your Own Home.
SUPPORT BETWEEN SESSIONS
- Detailed Course Notes.
- Video Recording of Every Class.
- Submit Your Questions for the Next Session and Discuss with Peers.
- Learn at Your Own Pace.
YOUR SHAMANIC TRIBE
- Meet Like Minded People.
- Connect Between Sessions on Website Forum and (optional Signal group).
- Deepen the Connection in Break-Out Rooms During Live Sessions.
- ONGOING ACCESS. All our courses now come with life-time access to the teaching materials.
- FREE LIFE-TIME REVISION! As of now, when we (re)run any course that you have done previously, you can sign up for the new version for free!
- SELF-PACED LEARNING. Remember, if you can’t make the time or dates for the live sessions, don’t worry! Just sign up, then do the courses by watching the recordings of the live sessions, all in your own time and at your own pace. Signing up also allows you to join the courses’ lively discussion forums, where students can share experiences, ask further questions, debate issues and share ideas and resources.
- JOIN A SUPPORTIVE SHAMANIC COMMUNITY. Interest in shamanism and animism is growing all the time. However, our students often say that finding people to walk the shamanic path with can be hard, and so how much they come to deeply value our online community. Signing up for our online courses allows you to join our thriving and growing international community, where you can share your experiences, ask questions and discuss things, and gain support, encouragement, and inspiration.
To access the course, participants will of course need an internet-enabled device (computer, tablet or smartphone) and wi-fi connection to take part. The platform we use for the live sessions is Zoom meetings – help will be available for getting set up if needed.
Shamanic healing can be of great benefit with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues. However, shamanic work does require a reasonable degree of mental robustness and groundedness, and emotional resilience. As such, like meditation and other similar practices, it can be contra-indicated in mental health issues such as psychosis, mania, severe depression, or dissociative disorders. So, if you have any mental health issues (current or historical) which you feel may impact on your ability to journey safely, then please do discuss this with us prior to booking on the course. Any discussion will, of course, be treated confidentially.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
THIS CRISTMAS, GIFT A SOULFUL ADVENTURE
SHAMANIC JOURNEYING COURSE VOUCHERS
If you are looking for a special Christmas present for your spiritually curious friend, consider gifting a course in animism, shamanic journeying, and therapeutic shamanism.
To order a gift voucher:
1. Get in Touch: Email us at email@example.com to express your interest. Share your friend’s name and email.
2. Payment Process: We’ll send you a PayPal invoice for a quick and secure transaction.
3. Personalized Voucher: After payment, we’ll create a personalized voucher with a special code linked to your friend’s email and send it to you.
Course Dates & Details
We run the First-Steps course at regular intervals. The dates of the next ones are:
January to February 2024
Starts Sunday 7th January 2024. Booking now!
Learn More about Therapeutic Shamanism
Learn about “Therapeutic Shamanism” through our experiential courses. Browse our course overview and start learning now.
Read the best selling “Therapeutic Shamanism” Series of books. Suitable for both complete beginners and experienced practitioners alike, the books are an apprenticeship for modern times